STICKY RICE AND QUINOA SALMON
I am not going to lie, this recipe happened by pure chance, and am I glad that it did. For something extremely filling and tasty, you will LOVE this!
What do I need (to serve 4 people)?
- 4 salmon fillets
- Salt, pepper, ground cumin, ground coriander, fresh chili – use at your own discretion
- ½ Pack of baby corn, chopped
- 1 Yellow pepper
- 2-3 Handfuls of spinach
- Drop of olive oil
- 80g torn mozzarella
- 80g Quinoa
- 120g Brown Rice
Equipment: Weighing scales, 1 sharp knive, 1 chopping board, 1 frying pan, spatula, microwave, tinfoil, baking tray
How do I add the ‘sticky’ to my rice and quinoa mix?
- Preheat your oven to 180°C, line your baking tray with tinfoil and throw your salmon fillets on top, garnish with salt and pepper and pop into the oven (it will take about 20-25 mins to cook)
- While the salmon is cooking the rest of the ingredients need sorting:
- Put your rice and quinoa together in a pan and water and bring to boil, will take ~15/20 mins to cook
- Chop your mushrooms, baby corn, yellow pepper, fresh chili, and asparagus
- Throw a drop of olive oil in a non-stick frying pan and add the chopped veg and ground spices, stirring occasionally. Keep at a low heat
- Add your spinach after about 5 mins and mix
- Add the rice and quinoa into the vegetable mixture and add drop of water. Stir your mix
- Chop the mozzarella and add to your mix, reduce the heat and stir your mixture around. The cheese will start to get gooey.
- Put the mix on to a plate when you are happy with the consistency
- Add the salmon on top and you’re good to go!
Total prep/cook time: 30-40 mins
Serves: 4 people
Nutrition Content/ 1 serving:
- Calories: 537 kcals
- Protein: 34g
- Carbohydrates: 42g
- Fat: 25g
Cost/ 1 serving: €2.94